Eskifjörður City in Iceland is a small port town located on the eastern side of Iceland. This town has a large fishing industry and is one of the most populated towns in the region, with a population of over 1,000 people.
What to do in Eskifjörður?
Eskifjörður is located near many beautiful natural sights and has many fun activities to offer visitors. Some of these are listed below:
- Hólmanes Nature Reserve: A series of hiking trails tracing the path alongside scenic vistas.
- Eskifjordur Swimming Pool: A swimming pool with slides and other water park features with a beautiful mountain overlooking the park.
- Helgustadir Spar Mine: A former mining area with beautiful relics that is the source for most of Iceland’s spar specimens.
What are the Best Hotels in Eskifjörður?
Eskifjörður has several excellent hotels whether you are just stopping for a night or are taking your time exploring. Some of the best hotels in Eskifjörður include:
- Eskifjörður Hótel: This is a 2-star hotel with a breathtaking view of the Hólmatindur mountain that is only a short walk away from the Maritime Museum.
- Kaffihúsið Eskifirði: A perfect stop on a ring road Iceland trip. It has a guesthouse with an attached bar and is comfortable and clean.
What are the Tours for Eskifjörður?
Eskifjörður is a perfect place to take a tour because of its scenic location. Some popular tours for Eskifjörður include:
- Aurora Kayak Tours: A guided kayak tour through the east fjords that takes place year-round.
- Tanni Travel: An Iceland traveling tour based in Eskifjörður that spends three days introducing the culture of east Iceland.
What are the Best Restaurants in Eskifjörður?
Some of the best restaurants in Eastern Iceland are located in Eskifjörður. Some of the popular best restaurants in Eskifjörður are mentioned below:
- Randulf’s Sea House: A seafood lovers paradise that introduces visitors to historic Norwegian herring dishes.
- Kaffehuset Eskifirði: A guesthouse on the shore delights customers with delicious local cuisine. It is also one of the best Eskifjörður bars in the area.
Is there an Airport in Eskifjörður?
No, there is not an Airport in Eskifjörður. The closest airport to Eskifjörður is the Egilsstaðir Airport which is 29 km or 18 miles away.
What is the total area of Eskifjörður?
The total area of Eskifjörður is 0.9 square km or 0.55 miles.
How is the weather in Eskifjörður Town?
Eskifjörður has a mild climate that gets quite warm in the summer. While the weather is favorable, you will experience a high number of rainy days, which averages between 13-18 days out of every month.
What is the Postal Code of Eskifjörður?
Eskifjörður uses the 735 postal code.
Who are the Notable People from Eskifjörður?
Eskifjörður has produced several notable Icelanders. Some of the notable people from Eskifjörður include:
- Einar Bragi: A poet known as one of the thought leaders of Iceland modernism.
- Eggert Jónsson: An international Icelandic football player. He was primarily known for his midfielder play.
What are the other Close Towns from Iceland to Eskifjörður?
Travel to Eskifjörður will probably involve visiting other towns since it is located so far east. Some of the other close towns from Iceland to Eskifjörður include:
- Neskaupstadur: a small town located 23 km or 14 miles away on Route 92.
- Reydarfjordur: a populated village located 15 km or 9 miles away on Route 92.
Are there any close Glaciers to Eskifjörður?
No, there aren’t any glaciers close to Eskifjörður. One nearby glacier is the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, which is 309 km or 192 miles away.
Are there any close Mountains to Eskifjörður?
Yes, the Hólmatindur mountain is only a short walk from the center of Eskifjörður.
Are there any close Volcanoes to Eskifjörður?
No, there aren’t any volcanoes close to Eskifjörður. The nearest volcano is Öræfajökull which is 336 km or 208 miles away.
Are there any close Fjords to Eskifjörður?
Yes, Eskifjörður and Reyðarfjörður are Fjords near Eskifjörður.
What are the Unique Sides of Eskifjörður in Iceland?
Eskifjörður is a hub of east Icelandic culture with many unique sides to explore. Some exciting aspects include:
- Port of Eskifjörður: A destination for east Iceland cruise ships and pleasure vessels.
- Walking Paths: Eskifjörður has many walking paths to explore nature, thanks to the nearby nature reserve.
Does Eskifjörður have a Sport Tourism Culture?
Yes, Eskifjörður has a local football club called Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar (KFF). Fans of this club love to travel around watching their favorite team play.